PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
This document outlines the payable fees for students who wish to undertake academic programs at the School of Health Science, ADK Hospital. The fees and related policy statements listed in this document are effective as of March 2017, and are subject to change, without notice, by the ADK School of Health Sciences.
Tuition fees for different courses and programs offered at the school are specific to the courses and programs and hence are not determined by this Policy.
1. Every student will receive a payment plan during the process of registration. The payment plan should be confirmed by the student before registration.
2. In the event that the student chooses a payment plan with installments, the due dates of payments will be given in the payment plan. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the installment payment is made on or before the indicated date.
3. If the payment is not done on or before the date indicated on the payment plan, a late payment fee of 5% of the outstanding due amount or a minimum value of MVR100.00 (whichever is higher) will be charged when making payment.
4. If the delay in payment exceeds a period of 30 calendar days, the student will not be allowed to attend classes, access to Student Portal and other e-learning resources or any physical resources including the laboratories, IT lab and library. All services will be resumed and access to resources will be given again upon the completion of the due payments.
5. If the delay in payment exceeds a period of 60 calendar days, the student will be temporarily withdrawn from the program. If the student wishes to continue the program, the student will have to settle all outstanding payments and request to be reinstated in the program via a written letter addressed to the Head of ADK School of Health Sciences.
Types of payment
Application and registration fee
A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of MVR 100 should accompany each application for admission. The fee is valid only for the applied program and for the applied intake.
The code for this fee is: RG01
Tuition fee as determined by the ADK School of Health Sciences from time to time shall be payable as per the payment schedule provided to students.
- The code for certificate level fee is: TF01
- The code for diploma level fee is: TF02
- The code for degree level fee is: TF03
- The code for post graduate fee is: TF04
- The code for short-term course fee is: T05
The students must remit payment by the due date. If payment is not received by the due date, a late payment fee of 5% of the outstanding due amount will be charged as late payment fee.
The code for this fee is: LP01
Amounts vary and are listed with each course.
The code for this fee is: LB01
Student association fee
MVR 45 per Semester.
The code for this fee is: ST01
The code and fee details are as follows.
- AD01 -Replacement ID Card Fee: MVR100 each time a new ID card is generated
- AD02 - Graduation Fee: MVR1000 (applicable to students who attend graduation only).
- AD03 - Graduation Outfit Hire Fee: MVR750 plus a MVR250 as refundable deposit
- AD04 - Replacement Testamur Fee: MVR500
- AD05 - Replacement Transcript Fee: MVR 500
- AD06 - Re-marking Fee: MVR250
Students must pay in full (as per the options below) or provide an approved alternate method of payment (financial sponsor) prior to being registered. Payment can be made as a one-off payment or on installment basis.
In addition to the registration day, tuition fees and application and registration fees are collected at the ADK Hospital Accounts Department from 9:00am to 13.00pm on working days. A receipt will be provided.
Present the exact cash amount due to Accounts Department, ADK Hospital. A receipt will be provided.
Direct deposits can be made to the School of Health Sciences bank account (7730-000052-890) at Bank of Maldives PLC. Students should clearly indicate the student ID number and the relevant payment code in the deposit slip. Customer copy of the payment slip should be provided to the school for verification and recording purposes.
Online fund transfer
Online fund transfers can be made to the School of Health Sciences bank account (7730-000052-890) at Bank of Maldives PLC. Students should clearly indicate the student ID number and the relevant payment code in the deposit slip. Customer copy of the payment slip should be provided to the school for verification and recording purposes.
A financial sponsor may choose any of the above modes of payment. However, the student should ensure that written evidence is provided to the School on the sponsorship and get a written approval from the School before payments are made.
The student is responsible for fulfilling their financial obligations to the School. If a student’s payment overdue, a late payment fee will be assessed and a hold will be placed on the account. Non-payment of tuition and other expenses due will cause for exclusion from class or refusal of graduation, further registration, or transfer of credit. In addition, students are liable for any costs associated with the collection of their unpaid bills, including but not limited to court costs, and legal fees.
ADK School of Health Sciences will hold no responsibility nor will we be accountable for any delays in the completion of program due to the non-payment of due payments on time. This may include delays in sitting for examinations, releasing of results and graduating with the respective batch.
All fee payments are non-transferable from program to program or from student to student under any circumstances. However, if a student wishes to transfer from one program to another prior to the commencement of the programs, the fee could be transferred subject to the approval of the management of ADK School of Health Sciences. Fee transfers in such cases may only be obtained via a written request from the student addressed to the Head of ADK School of Health Sciences stating the reasons for requesting a change in the program. Once the respective program has commenced, irrespective of whether the student has attended classes or not, any request for a program transfer will be rejected.
A student who officially withdraws within the refund period will receive a refund in accordance with the refund policy of ADK School of Health Sciences.
Students remain liable for fees up to the date that they officially withdraw from the school. Written notification of withdrawal (with the student ID card) should then be sent to the Office of ADK School of Health Sciences. The date of receipt of this written notification will be taken as the date of withdrawal.
Refunds may be obtained via a request addressed the Head of ADK School of Health Sciences stating the reasons for requesting a refund. All refunds will be issued via a cheque drawn in favor of the student and will be issued within a week of approval of the respective request letter, unless stated otherwise. The cheque can be picked up at the Accounts Department. Cheques not picked up within two weeks are mailed to the student’s correspondence address provided in the admission form.
Certificate level courses
A full refund is issued if the student withdraws within 24 hours after the first class. No refund is issued after this 24-hour period.
Full refunds are granted if ADK School of Health Sciences cancels a course or a program.
Lab fees are refunded 100% up to the point of withdrawal.
|Date of withdrawal||Amount refundable|
The Workshop/Seminar/Training must be dropped one week prior to the commencement of the program for a 100% refund. Thereafter, no refund is applied.
The same rules as for withdrawal apply for students who are suspended or removed from a program. If a student wishes suspending their studies, the student should talk to the program head to discuss their options.