Setting a New Benchmark in Healthcare - Launching the biggest investment project by a private provider in the Maldives
ADK Hospital today launched a USD 23 million development project. This project initiated in 2010 was launched today after the signing of a new contract with the Government of Maldives which mandates the Hospital for a time bound development. The Amended and Reinstated Lease and Health Services Agreement was signed this morning at a function held for the purpose at the Ministry of Health at 11:30 am. The Agreement was signed by the Minister of State for Health Uz Lubna Zahir Hussain and the Managing Director Ahmed Afaal on behalf of the respective parties.
With the signing of this Agreement, the current lease period of ADK Hospital is extended upto 2045. The agreement also allocates additional land for the development of teaching facilities and other services.
The USD 23 million project includes the following components.
- Investment in diagnostic and interventional services
- Establishment of cardiac cathlab
- New MRI
- Renal dialysis center
- Artificail reproduction therapy
2. Investment in critical care services
- Intensive care facilities development
- Surgical care facilities development
3. Investment in oldage care
- Establishment of an old age care center including programs
4. Infrastucture development
- Power generation including solar power
- Employee accommodation
- Bystander accommodation
- Addition of 87 beds
5. Investment in Management Information Systems
- Installation of a modern hospital wide MIS
In addiiton to this the project also includes the establishment of
- School of Health Sciences, ADK Hospital for teaching
- Provisoions for National Emergencies
- Free public health screeneing facilities
The physical implementation of the mega development project will initiate shortly and is due for total completion within the next five years.
ADK Hospital's committment to bring modern services to the public is reiterated with this new project and the Hospital hopes to make shophisticated services available right here in the Maldives.