Developing a culture of safety; patient safety workshop
Patient safety workshop was conducted by School of Health Sciences of ADK Hospital from 11 to 13 October. Workshop participants are from ADK Hospital, IGMH and Dhamanaveshi. Total numbers of 50 participants are under taking the training. This workshop is initiated by ADK Hospital patient safety committee which includes patient safety nurses.
Aims of the workshop are:
- To improve awareness of the magnitude and importance of patient safety
- To improve awareness of the principles and methodologies in patient safety and how this relates to delivering safe and quality services to patient
- To be able to recognize the importance and advocate for a culture of safety in the workplace
- To build a competent and capable workforce who are aware and sensitive to patient safety
- The School aims to conduct general trainings open for public on these areas in the near future.