Dr. Faisal Saeed
Department: Clinical Governance
Joined: 4 January 2016
After completing his training at medical school, Dr Faisal obtained a Masters in Healthcare Law from the University of Liverpool with the aim to regulate healthcare, so that patients would be provided with the safe and quality care they were entitled to.
As the Director Clinical Governance at ADK Hospital, he is the lead for risk management, patient safety and quality improvement. In that regard, he has established a regulatory framework, with a focus on leading the hospital towards a patient-centered and learning organisation, in line with the hospital’s vision to be the leading healthcare provider in the country, through innovation and excellence.
At the International Forum for Safety and Quality in Paris in 2014, he pledged to ‘spark a revolution in Maldives healthcare’, which provided him with the opportunity to be on a bespoke quality improvement program through Healthcare Improvement Scotland, and work as a visiting researcher at the Centre for Quality in Denmark. In 2016, he worked at the Agency for Clinical Innovationin Sydney, Australia, on an Endeavour Executive Fellowship. He was profiled as a “Rebel With A Cause”in the HARC Bulletin issued by the Sax Institute in Australia.
Areas of Expertise and Interest
- Healthcare Law
- Patient Rights
- Clinical Governance
- Quality Improvement
- Patient Safety
- Risk Management
- Patient Reported Measures
- Clinical Redesign and Innovation
- Governance of Clinical Research/Trials
- MBBS (Tribhuvan University, Nepal)
- LLM Healthcare Law (University of Liverpool, UK)
- Endeavour Executive Fellow (Australia)
- Hodgson Scholar ( University of Liverpool)
- Certificated Change Agent (School of Health and Care Radicals NHS England)
- Fellow of the International Society for Quality in Health Care